So you love to shop? Well... (part one)

Everybody loves to buy new stuff, everybody loves to shop, get new shoes, new clothes, new bags, new watches, new everything, we love the feel and smell of new stuff. Most people..well I get emotional when I purchase a new thing, I keep touching it, I keep Staring at it, and I can't wait to wear that thing, I don't know, but I feel this applies to everybody I have met.
Now all these sound nice when they fit our size or body shapes, I am talking about things like shoes and clothes, when they fit, we feel on top of the world, we are there standing in the changing room, striking poses, taking selfies, life is good , everything is perfect, everybody is happy.,, wrong! Not everybody is happy, what about those who don't get clothes that fit, they stand there in the other changing room tugging and tugging till they hear that distinct sound of fabric so stretched to the point of tear! Then they let out that breath they have been holding just to get into that dress and then sit down heavily on that ugly stool they keep in the rooms, they sometimes cry and then they put on a brave face and go to return the dress to the smiling attendant, and shamefacedly admit that it doesn't fit and that they won't be trying anymore dresses, they watch as the other happy girl in the other room pay for her a purchases, smiling. Yes well this Is my story.
     Before I launch into the main event, let me mention that this had always been happening, those humiliating experiences, but i kinda ignore them, afterall it's not my fault the store has a thing against fat women, but when it happens with...well be patient, I will get to that.
      Some months before the main event, I went out shopping with the girls, my very good friends Ebun, Yetunde, and Ada, Ebun is a curvy girl, she is big but not as big as me, Yetunde is short and just lost a lot of weight, she was never fat though, Ada is tall and very slim, I am... well.., I just am.
      So we go out to this boutique that Ada chose -lesson 1: never agree to shop where your skinny friend shops, if you're not skinny- , we walk in gisting and laughing , excited at the prospect of getting new things, and then I see the mannequins and some of the clothes on display and I am hit with the realization, I can't shop here, I can't get anything to fit here, I already started to feel the panic arise, that claustrophobic feeling, I was trapped, I couldn't just leave, so I decided to stay but not touch or look at anything, no matter how beautiful an item was, never to get emotionally attached, yes, I am like that.
      I just walk through the aisles, trailing my friends, as they start pulling things of the racks, I have the plastic smile planted on my face, I hear them: "jeez! That jacket Is perfect on you, lemme try if it'll fit", "omo e enter o, abeg babe make I take this one", "this one is somehow tight o, okay it entered", I just keep saying all the expected things "yeah", "sure", "wow"... then Ada brings this very lovely skirt, I love it immediately, she tries it on, she brings out the colours of the skirt, she is light skinned, but she doesn't bring the beauty, I venture "let me try it", she quickly hands it over, they all want me to try it and at least purchase something so that I won't spend the remainder of the day ranting about the injustices of society against the fat woman, which I admit, I do.
       Holding the skirt, I feel a slight trepidation and a flicker of hope too, as I step into the skirt with my left leg, I look up and they are all staring at me, waiting, I bite my lower lip, hating them, and I put my right leg and quickly pull the skirt, it fit! Oh my! The feeling, I didn't act surprised, no, I didn't, the skirt was a little snug around the waist but as it was a maxi skirt, it wasn't something I was about to admit. They all admired it, but I quickly pulled it off, so they don't keep probing.
     After that, I was in a bit of frenzy, fully charged and hopeful that I would get more of my sizes...After an hour and half more of shopping, we checked our purchases out: Ebun with 5 pairs of jeans, 2 jackets, 1 pair of leather pants, 2 skirts. Yetty with 3 hand bags, 4 pairs of jeans and 3 tops. Ada with so much stuff, I can't count, she is the richest and slimmest of US . And your truly with 1 maxi skirt and 2 really stretchy leggings.
      Oh well, needless to say, I was sullen all through the trip home and later that day I ranted about the injustices of society towards the fat woman, my friends who love me and know me just ranted with me.
     This was before the main event which I will tell you about in my next post, please, just stay with me.

P.S After reading this post, guys please drop your comments, questions, anything, I would really appreciate the feedback especially if you have experienced it before, it doesn't matter if you're skinny or fat, lol, we all are beautiful.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, PEOPLE!

Comments

  1. Awwww...nice one there,its so true, hardly do i find my perfect size ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr! Its like the world is against ! Thanks, baby.. Check the other posts, you'll like them too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BEING THE OTHER WOMAN...diary of a mistress (1).

The Yoruba Demon Theory (YDT)

BEING THE OTHER WOMAN...diary of a mistress (2)